- Trap the ball handler (from behind or the side - we don't want to trap from the front).
- All off ball defenders rotate, leaving the player furthest from the ball.
LOW POST DEFENSE
- When the ball is above the free throw line - 3 quarter denial with butt to the key.
- When the ball is on the wing - full front the post player while always making contact.
- When the ball is in the corner - 3 quarter denial with butt to the baseline.
- When the ball is on the opposite side of the court (post player is weak side) - Off position in the middle of the key.
OFF BALL PERIMETER DEFENSE
- One pass away - In position to read the passer and jump the passing lane for the steal or deflection.
- Two passes away - Off position in the middle of the court, ready to rotate, jump a passing lane, or trap.